Liz Marsden card tutorial:
You can find this Bestie Mermaid here:
1. I used some circle dies in various sizes to make the base design, the largest I also cut one out of some 300gsm card stock,
2. I cut a sliver off the back bottom edge of the card base so the card will stand up,
3. I then added the designer paper over the top which I had distressed with some vintage photo then used my distress tool on the edge
4. Layer up the next designer papers in the same way
5. Distress the edges of the circle with the copic coloured image on too, I also added a hint of silver and Gold with metallic pens and some white dots in the hair too
6. Fix this onto a slightly larger circle, which has again been distressed
7. Add a cut out circles die between the 2nd layer from the bottom and the circle behind the image, on the right hand side
8. At this stage also add one of the die cut Jelly Fish
9. Fix the image and larger circle behind the image onto the middle of the card
10. Add some more Jelly Fish dies onto the left hand side of the image
11. Add some more sea themed die cuts here and there to keep in with the theme using similar colours you've used for the image to tie it all in
12. Finish the bottom of the card off with some Jewel type stones or beads
13. Attach a foam pad onto a die cut Sea Horse and attach over the jewels so it is above them
14. Do the same on the other side with a Star Fish die cut
15. To finish off add some flowers
300GSM card stock/ white
Metallic silver and Gold pens
Hunkydory - Spectacular Sea Creatures Dies
I made a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 thick card base and added layers of designer paper. I distressed the edges and added some of Sherri's glitter to the edges along with some matching paint.
I used some fancy crepe paper ribbon on each side and added some pink beaded strands. I finished it off with a cupcake resin embellishment and 3 white pearls. I fussy cut the lovely Bestie image and added a cotton white doily behind her. I used the Prima Love Story paper.
Mermaids are always so fun to create with!
This image is pre-colored by one of the My Besties colorists.
I am using a My Besties Printable called SM Color
Close up 3d layer look
La La Land - honeycomb
Marianne Designs - tag - CR 1352
Marianne Designs - eyelet (for sentiment) - CR1241
Marianne Designs - corner die on tag - LR0143
Marianne Designs - (vellum) - LR0202
My Besties Printable - SM Color available here:
Julie Here today with Bestie Inspiration for the Shabby Blog I have used one of the new Bestie Paper packs Fall - You Drive me Batty Paper Pack
I created a 3D Decoupage image for my cardand used the gorgeous matching papersto complement the image on my cardThese papers are so much fun to use and make it so easy!
Hello Lovelies- posting my DT card using this sweet image
Hi guys, I've been on hols in Teneriffe so I'm slowly getting back to making my creations.
Over at My Besties Sherri has created some fabulous Halloween images and I couldn't wait to colour this adorable cute image up.
I started out with a tag shape and I then added some Halloween themed die cuts along the edges, these I cut out of card stock then added some heat embossing over the top and a little distress ink here and there to give an aged look too.
I used a brick effect die cut by Sissix for a little added interest, I die cut out the moon and the pumpkins in card then coloured them and the image with my copics,
I then fussy cut out the image with my scissors.
I finished off my tag with some metal sequins from Swedish House Crafts and some of my handmade Foamiran flowers with a die by Lady E
Skin - C00, C0, C1, C3, C5
Pants - T1, T3, T5
Eyes - YG03, YG13, YG17
Shoes - C5 C7, C9
Green - YG03, YG13, YG23, YG13
Orange - Y38, YR16, YR68
Cape - Vo4, Vo9, V17
Shirt - BV0000, BV00, BV02
Ears - R11, R98
Bats - W00, W0, W1, W3, C0, C1, C3, C5, R11
Do check out this and all the fabulous images and papers etc you can get over at Sherri's online shop,
Such pretty images from the July My Besties Release!!
I created a shaker card with this image!
I am using a My Besties Image set, called "Make a Splash"
I have used Copic markers to color these images.
*Shabby Tip: Use lace instead of clear acrylic for your shaker card. Add some sequins instead of beads so they don't go through the lace.
Marianne Designs - (frame) - LR0430
My Besties Image Make a Splash digi kit available here:
Make s Splash pre-colored kit available here:
Thanks for stopping by!
Shabby Chic DT Bonnie
Hello Lovelies - here is my latest DT inspiration . It is winter here in New Zealand , so the thought of having some summer fun at the beach is very welcoming on these cold days !!
I'm using this super adorable new release image and made a shabby tag .
I coloured the image with Copic markers and added her to a tag base . I layered the tag with several pieces of distressed paper and added several embellishments and flowers .
Hi guys, have you seen the gorgeous new releases Sherri has created? well this is one of them!!
Img - 113 July see this and more here
Isn't she cute!!! I have coloured her with my copics then added some glitter to her gorgeous tail. I used a MDF tag for the main section then used a Heartfelt die for the fab borders on the sides.
I added some sea themed embellishments for the rest of my design, I am giving this to my granddaughter as she saw it and loved it.